Saturday, December 10, 2011

Toilet Paper Roll Owl Ornaments

Well we all know about Pinterest (and if you don't, get on that!) and it's limitless amounts of inspiration.  I use it for so many reasons.  I keep all my recipes organized, collect ideas for Parker's room and many many other things.  In my previous post I mentioned toilet paper roll owls, which I discovered on pinterest.  I made a few and decided they would look great in our Christmas tree.  Here's a tutorial to make your own;

Materials
Toilet paper rolls (or in my case wrapping paper tubes)
Markers
And possibly scissors


First of all if you're using wrapping paper tubes like I did, you'll have to cut them down to the height you want your owl to be.  If you're using toilet paper rolls, skip this step.


Once you've finished that, you're ready to make the owls ear/horn/thingies.  All you have to do is indent both sides with your fingers like so;



Now to the fun part, decorating your owl!  I've seen people use diluted food coloring, but we didn't have any at the moment.  We chose to use Crayola Washable Markers instead.



Tada!  You're owl is ready to perch in a tree, hang out on a mantle or be strung onto string and used as a garland.


1 comment:

  1. Uber cute! I think that after Christmas you should tack these to Parkers wall. :) I might have to make some for Edens room. Lovelove!

    ReplyDelete