Sunday, December 18, 2011

Baby Wearing FTW!

Another sick day in the Hora/Broadway house. As most babies are when they're sick, Parker was the definition of clingy.  Matt is coming home Monday and the apartment is in shambles.  Dirty dishes, unswept floors, clothing on the ground, a living room that looks like a toybox exploded, you name it.  Parker was NOT going for playing quietly by himself, instead it was tantrum city.  So out came the Pognae carrier and up on my back he went!  I've only carried him on my back once before so I surprised how well he took it.  Not a peep for the whole hour I cleaned.  



Matt and I both use a few different kinds of carriers on just about a daily basis.  Our stash consists of a Pognae buckle style carrier, Buffalo Bean ringsling, a Dolcino Bali and Chimparoo Blue woven wraps.  My two favorites being the pognae and dolcino.  Lately I've been drooling over this beautiful wrap.


Fast forward to bedtime, it was not happening.  Not all the nursing, bouncing or rocking in this world could get congested, cranky, teething Parker to sleep at this moment.  Baby wearing to the rescue!  I dug out the dolcino, wrapped Parker and wore him not even 15 minutes and he was sleeping like a log.


Basically what I'm trying to say in all this rambling is if you don't already have a baby carrier (an ergonomic one, not a crotch dangler, ouch!), go get one!  Even if your infant doesn't have trouble sleeping it's great bonding and excellent exercise.  It makes my tasks soooo much easier!  Definitely a lot less cumbersome than lugging a stroller around too (ahem, stairs).


Parker and I Baby Wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment